1. What is your SCA Name?
2. What time and where do you portray?
Turn of the 14th century Scotland, just after Bannockburn.
3. In plain English describe your device.
My device is gold and silver, divided horizontally with a little jog in the middle. It's a German field division (mit rechte stüfe - with a right step), and the French had a heck of a time blazoning it, usually saying something like "divided half-way across, then down, then the rest of the way across."
4. How long have you been in the SCA?
Since May of 2002, just at the beginning of A.S. 37. I'll have been playing actively for six years come Coronation.
5. Do you have any special titles you have earned?
Special? Not really. I bear a grant of arms, and am a companion of the Orders of the Creacent and the Dolphin. I'm also a Pursuivant.
6. What kingdom and local group do you belong to?
I belong to no group, but my fealty lies with the Kingdom of Caid, and I live in the Barony of the Angels.
7. Do you have preferred colors for your SCA Persona?
Heraldically? Gold and silver. Outfit-wise? I tend to dress in browns and greys, as a mendicant.
8. What is your war that you look forward to going to every year?
Great Western War. After Darkwell became a day event, it and Estrella are the only wars I attend regularly.
9. Do you hold any offices?
I've been named as the deputy to Golden Rose, the herald in Caid who handles the Order of Precedence.
10. Favorite memory from an event?
Any time I was portraying Father Christms.
11. Are you a fighter?
I was, and hope to be again soon.
12. Are you crafty (making things)?
I suppose so, though yesterday all I could make was a mess.
13. Do you teach classes at events?
I have, at collegium.
14. Do you play instruments at events?
15. Do you dance at events?
16. Do you feel that there is enough flirting and chivalrous behavior in the SCA?
As to the former, yes. As to the latter, I'm afraid I've come to the conclusion that chivalry is decidedly lacking in the SCA, and seems to be more of a feel-good facade than a lifestyle for most who play.
17. Are you a "Black Hat" or a "White Hat"?
I don't wear hats. They look silly on my head.
18. What is one of the reasons you've remained in the SCA?
The opportunity to explore, hands-on, what others can only read about in books.
19. What peerage(s) do you aspire to?
I was told in my first year in the Society that I was on the Pelican fast-track because I volunteered, founded a geopolitical group, etc. But while I would like to be a Pelican someday, I don't aspire to it.
20. Who was Crown when you joined the SCA?
I was in the SCA, active in the shire before I went to my first event, but that first event the second Coronation of Guillaume and Felinah, and they defined the idea of SCA Royalty for me for quite some time.
21. If you are a Peer, who was the Crown that elevated you?
22. Have you lived in more than 1 kingdom and which ones?
Nope. Just Caid.
23. Have you helped found a group?
Yes. I founded
Noe College, at CSU Long Beach.
24. Have you had any house affiliations?
I was the house herald for Great House Sterling and Brandylion Hall before founding my own household.